Default Severe weather

Around here in S. Illinois, for the last week and a half its been
nothing but chilly, damp and misery. Possibly to let up in the middle
of the week and get into the high 70's where it belongs but no boating
for me for a while.

Last saturday was the ultimate boat day of the year! and I was stuck in
bed with the flu! (*ugh*)

RATS! Looks like I might need to save it for Memorial Day weekend....

RCE wrote:
Part of a current severe weather forecast for the northeast area:

++++++++++++++++++++++++

* THROUGH LATE SATURDAY NIGHT

* OCCASIONALLY HEAVY RAIN WILL FALL THROUGHOUT MOST OF SOUTHERN NEW
ENGLAND OVERNIGHT...THEN IS EXPECTED TO SHIFT TOWARD THE MERRIMACK
VALLEY ON SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT.

* WIDESPREAD RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF 2 TO 4 INCHES ARE EXPECTED THROUGH
SATURDAY NIGHT...WITH A FEW LOCATIONS PICKING UP AS MUCH AS 6 OR 7
INCHES...ESPECIALLY FROM THE WORCESTER HILLS TO THE MERRIMACK
VALLEY. THIS WILL BRING THE POTENTIAL FOR FLOODING

6 to 7 inches of rain? You've got to be kidding.

RCE