Harry Krause

Default Beautiful day on the Bay

John H wrote:
On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 23:35:41 GMT, (Henry Blackmoore) wrote:

In article , John H wrote:

Finally! Gorgeous weather, no sub job today, marina says it's ready for
business, so the boat went in the water for the first time this year. The
engine
started, ran well, the electronics worked, all seemed well. The lower unit was
trimmed in an upright position and wouldn't go back down, but as soon as I
accelerated a little the trim started working. Must have been a little stuck

from lack of activity.

I try to "exercise" my tilt and trim a little bit everytime I go to my storage
barn. I heard that it helps rather than just letting it sit during the off
season. Any leakage?

Went out a couple miles, cruised past another boat doing some trolling for
'catch and release' stripers, and watched him haul in a nice sized (about 36")
striper just as I came along side. That has got to be a good omen!

Awesome!

Can't wait for Monday! That'll be the first day with lines in the water.

I can't believe you didn't wet a line already!
:^)

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

Nope, didn't wet anything. I don't like catching and releasing. Don't think it's
good for the fish, but lots of folks disagree with me. That's their right. I've
never seen a fish caught while trolling that was gut hooked, so maybe they do
stand a pretty good chance of staying alive. But, for sure they will be a little
bit smarter next time a lure comes by, no? I think their smart enough without
giving them more reason to shy away from pretty lures!

I like to go out, get my two fish in the cooler, and then go home and eat 'em.

This is the first time I've had a problem with the trim. My boat is kept in a
boatel, three tiers up, so I can't get to it during the winter. Next year I may
try putting a little oil on the pistons and working them up and down before
putting the boat up.

Hell, maybe by next year Harry will give me his Parker. If I had a nice big
lobsta boat I'd probably give some poor ex-teacher my used Parker.

John H

Poor pitiful John.