posted to rec.boats.building
(PeteCresswell)

Default Kayak Deck Lashings: No Backing?

Had occasion to remove the u-fittings used to anchor the rear deck bungees.

No backing! Just holes in the deck's fiberglass.

Is this normal practice? Seems to me like there should be a little block of
something-or-other behind each screw.

Doesn't seem worth fixing - since that would involve cutting a hole in the hull
- probably two holes, one on each side of the stringer.

But should I fill those screw holes and retire the bungee system?

I'm trying not to think about the u-fitting between the rudder pedals where I
attach my paddle leash...-)
--
PeteCresswell