Default Ignition Coil Replacement - Thunderbolt IV

Hi, I'm getting ready to swap the coil on my 1992 454 with Thuderbolt
IV. Now everything seems simple enough. Yesterday I pulled off wire
on the coil and there was a bunch of gook inside like some kind of
grease or something to help the connection which I guess makes sense
but I have not read anything about it anywhere. Anybody know exactly
what this stuff might be assuming it needs to be there? I really don't
want to put the new one on dry if I'm going to cook something or use
the wrong stuff. Thank you KD