thunder

Default OT - Another prediction comes to pass!

On Sat, 13 May 2006 17:54:38 -0400, Harry Krause wrote:

While I believe Bush is deserving of impeachment, a trial, and removal
from office, I don't believe the country should have to go through that,
or even as far as Nixon took us before he resigned. Further, Bush's crimes
are far more serious than Nixon's.

I simply believe we need a peaceful way to remove an incompetent or
grossly dishonest president from office. In nations with a parliamentary
system and multiple parties, legislators can hold votes of NO CONFIDENCE
and force elections. But we don't have that here. We have another 2-1/2
years with Bush, and now that he has proved to more than two thirds of the
country that he truly is a bumbling idiot, it would be nice to have some
lawful means to do something about it.

I'm quite sympathetic to your reasoning ;-), but I truly fear messing with
a system that has endured for 200+ years. When I hear calls for a
Constitutional Amendment to solve some transient political football, I
cringe. The stability our system provides is more important than that.
While you can look southward for an active democracy, you can also look in
that direction for countries that seem to replace their Constitutions with
every new administration. No thanks, I'll keep this one, with any warts,
and all.