posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Default New Dinghy

"Maxprop" wrote in message
k.net...

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message

"Maxprop" wrote in message

Nope. I rode the MB for two years prior to it being included in the
now-defunct Coors Tour. If you were a cat 4 you probably didn't spend
much time in that part of the peleton where I usually was.

I spent a fair amount of time in that part of the peleton, each time when
they lapped me. If you look at the winning times of Cat 2,3,4 (there was
a Cat 5 when I was racing)you will see there isn't much difference. It's
the spread of the pack that is different with each category. I once even
won a circuit race because when I was going to get lapped a second time,
I took off and finished just ahead of the pack. I did it as a joke,
apparently it fooled the officials. I didn't go to the podium to claim
the inner tube I had won.
Did you race with the Grewal brothers?

The name is familiar, but no. I did, however, have the opportunity to
ride alongside Eddie Merckx for one lap of the MB (he was the honorary
race chairman) before he dropped out to watch the rest of the race from
the comfort of his easy chair.

Indurain raced here a while back.

Ever run ultramarathons?

Lord no. Halves were as ambitious as I ever got. I did do some canoe
triathlons one summer, however. Not a great swimmer.

Ever hear of the Leadville 100?

Max