Phaedrine

Default Michigan Muslims Want to Use Loudspeakers for Call to Prayer

In article ,
John H wrote:

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:13:31 -0500, Phaedrine
wrote:

In article ,
(Curtis CCR) wrote:

I agree that if other Churches are allowed to ring bells for religious
reasons (as opposed to just announcing that it's noon) then mosques
should be allowed to have prayer calls.

I guess I do not understand how you equate the two. If mosques are
allowed loudspeakers, for instance, then perhaps churches should be
allowed to use electronic augmentation for their bells as well? Is that
what you are saying? (I don't understand why rec.boats got on this
list!)

Because someone where ever you are cross posted to this group. You don't have
something against boats, do you?

Definitely not! We are both sailors in this domicile.

We have a hard enough time sticking to the topic, without mosques and minarets
and stereo praying systems getting us confused. Trust me, putting up with
b'asskisser is hard enough.

John H

LOL!! Well John, my apologies for contributing to disturbing your
harmony. Maybe I can make up for the OT post......

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

OB Boats: When we were a little younger, we once took a week to sail
around all the little islands on Erie in a little chartered Morgan with
aft and center cabins. I was pregnant at the time. One of those
unexpected Lake Erie storms came up and just tossed us around like a
plastic toy. After reefing the sails, we tried beating it in to
Marblehead but the winds were so strong we were edging toward a massive
breakwall of rocks. Alas the damn engine wouldn't start to help us out
either. I was greener than Kermit the frog, standing in the cabin well
watching sheet after sheet of rain beat the hell out of my husband who
was thinking "My kingdom for a Cape Dory". But finally he got the
engine started and made it in to shore without a mark. It was a great
sail.

Phae

..