Default tailpipe in sal****er when launching

Once tried to launch my old 23' S2 sailboat that weighed 4000 lbs. We
couldnt get far enough down the ramp to allow her to float free but she
seemed almost ready to. There was a piling out behind her about 15'
and I had a come-along, So........... The piling had a good looking
eyebolt in it I attached to with the other end attached to the stern
cleat. I was in neck deep water operating the come-along and had
gotten the cable VERY tight and she still wouldnt move. Suddenly, the
eye bolt broke and the come-along passed close enough to my face that
it brushed my hat as it flew forward and landed in front of the tow
vehicle.
We gave up and found a place with a travel lift.