Jim

Default Outdrive Gear Ratio?

1.47s have been around a few years now. They replaced the old 1.50.
"Woodchuck" wrote in message
Don't recall of Merc ever having that ratio! All v8 small block Merc's I
have owned were 1.5 : 1

"Ken H" wrote in message
I would guess 1.47:1

I have a 2002 Merc 5.7EFI 260Hp with an Alpha 1.

In any case, on my drive, the ratio is imprinted on the port side of the
outdrive on the attached Mercury label, along with the serial number.
You might take a look there.

Good luck.

wrote:

I'm looking for the outdrive gear ratio(upper unit) for a Mercruiser
Alpha one 5.7 liter(GM 350 V-8) Magnum 260hp. It's on a Regal Vallante
220XL, a 22' cuddy cabin boat. If anyone knows what it is, or where I
could find out, please let me know. Thanks. Tom.