Jeff

Default tropikool refridgerator

Richard J Kinch wrote:
Jeff writes:
No one really cares about the Amps in a system where the load varies.

So what. My point is, the spec sheet uses gibberish. "Amp-hours" are
not a measure of "current". The author couldn't pass a freshman
engineering class. If they can't even get that right, then the actual
product must be a joke.

It looks like you can't read - the spec sheet says "Average current
consumption for 12 VDC systems over 24-hour period"

I think we've found our new Jaxashby!

A spec sheet for a heat pump ... that doesn't give the heat pumped?

Yes, BTU/hour would have been handy.

Handy? How about less than utterly ridiculous.

yada yada yada - if this is the only real problem you can find what's
the big deal?

Phoney-baloney pseudo-technology marketing doesn't pass the crank test.
It is a mad inventor's perpetual motion machine.

Yes, I suppose you would be the "crank test." Frankly, the fact that
you think its a hoax makes it look like its probably breakthrough
technology and worth considering. I wonder if I can buy stock in the
company!

Then perhaps you should learn some of that stuff. I posted one link
to CO2 systems (out of thousands I found in a few minutes), here's
another:
http://www.appliancemagazine.com/ama...hp?article=567

Despite the cheerleading, the guy admits there are no commercial
products based on CO2, and if there were, they would be less efficient
and cost more.

No, he says that new technology will be required to make it as
efficient - in fact he states that its possible to improve efficiency
"to parity with fluorocarbon-based equipment while achieving the
aforementioned environmental benefits described."

And while there are no home air conditioners with CO2 yet, Coca-Cola
deployed 1000 CO2 based vending machines at the last Olympics, CO2
Heat & A/C units are shipping in fleet vehicles, and the military uses
it.

Its a major advantage to have a system that can be opened, repaired or
reconfigured, and recharged without expensive equipment or a license.
And having only a few moving parts is also an advantage. This
particular device might no be suitable for all, but its not
inconceivable that this type of system will be the standard in a few
years.

"... introducing new refrigerants is never easy." Right, because the old
ones are far better.

Holy Back Pedal Batman! First you claim they're impossible, now
you're claiming they're just not quite as good! Which is it?

And you must realize that CO2 was one of the "old refrigerants" that
got replaced by fluorocarbons that were perceived as better.

"... expect to see systems ...in the years ahead." Right. Just
believe, even though no one has any idea how to build one.

Right, that's why there are thousands in use now.

Reminds me of the zombies who preach Peltier devices.

Peltier technology certainly works and has it place. Are you claiming
that's a hoax also?