Richard J Kinch

Default tropikool refridgerator

Jeff writes:

No one really cares about the Amps in a system where the load varies.

So what. My point is, the spec sheet uses gibberish. "Amp-hours" are
not a measure of "current". The author couldn't pass a freshman
engineering class. If they can't even get that right, then the actual
product must be a joke.

A spec sheet for a heat pump ... that doesn't give the heat pumped?

Yes, BTU/hour would have been handy.

Handy? How about less than utterly ridiculous.

yada yada yada - if this is the only real problem you can find what's
the big deal?

Phoney-baloney pseudo-technology marketing doesn't pass the crank test.
It is a mad inventor's perpetual motion machine.

Then perhaps you should learn some of that stuff. I posted one link
to CO2 systems (out of thousands I found in a few minutes), here's
another:

http://www.appliancemagazine.com/ama...hp?article=567

Despite the cheerleading, the guy admits there are no commercial
products based on CO2, and if there were, they would be less efficient
and cost more.

"... introducing new refrigerants is never easy." Right, because the old
ones are far better.

"... expect to see systems ...in the years ahead." Right. Just
believe, even though no one has any idea how to build one.

Reminds me of the zombies who preach Peltier devices.