steve

Default tropikool refridgerator

whoa!,

geez, i only posted this last night, and have now arrived to find a
tense situation.

mr kinch,
i have seen this system operating at "strictly sail". no i'm not a
spamer, or a nut. i was hoping to hear from someone that is using this
system. perhaps a little less caffine?

the wording is a little incorrect but they are saying that once the
system reaches equilibrium, it will use 18 amp hours over a 24 hour
period. could have been said a little better.

the system basically doesn't turn off. it just varies the power to the
motor as the need to cool or coast changes.

system is very quiet.

i had asked regarding the co2 phase change. at atmospheric pressure
the phase change is only a degree or two between gas and solid (dry
ice)(in fact sublimination usually occurs). but at pressure (not sure
how much) this transition occurs over a more manageable span.

i have a question in to them regarding helium and my understanding that
it is relatively hard to contain. what is the recharge period and is
it user servicable or does it need to be returned to the factory?

what i'm looking for is someone with a track record with this system.
it's design intriges me. i'm not completely sold on hfc systems in
tropical climates and this system seems simple to maintain, requires a
reasonable amount of ventilation to maintain efficiency and is
relatively quiet and seemingly very economical.

anyone using this system?

steve scheiding