Roger Long

Default I can't believe I don't know this - teak bungs

Actually, I'm speaking from experience too. Pulling the bungs out in
pieces raised a few splinters. I don't know what the PO, or maybe the
builder, used for glue which prompted my first post.

I think I'm actually looking for the glue that would make your method
reliable. If I'd done it on the bungs in my boat, I think I would
have had a problem.

It sounds to me that almost anything like Weldwood or varnish would be
that glue. For bungs I put in myself, I'll try your system. For
bungs I don't know personally, I think I'll stick to digging around
gingerly with a knife.

--

Roger Long

"Dave" wrote in message
On Tue, 09 May 2006 20:25:06 GMT, "Roger Long"
said:

Running a screw through the middle
sounds like a good way to lift up splinters of surrounding grain to
me.

Others' experience may differ from mine in that regard, but I do
speak from
experience, and not just from what it "sounds like," as you
apparently do.