Peggie Hall

Default Gunwhales ???

Doug Kanter wrote:
I'll bet you a dozen worms and 3 warm beers that I'm right. :-)

You're right as far as you go, but not all afterdecks are poop decks.

"Peggie Hall" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

Puppis: Latin for "stern". The poop deck is the aftmost deck at the

ship's

stern.

Close, but not quite.

"Peggie Hall" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

To further confuse, Merriam-Webster says "gunwale", not "gunwhale"

Oops...you're right--no "h" in gunwale!

Ok, class...as long as we're on the subject of arcane names for boat
parts...who can tell me what a poop deck is, and how it got its name
(no, it has nothing whatever to do with my area of expertise!)?

--
Peggie

--
Peggie