Phaedrine

Default Michigan Muslims Want to Use Loudspeakers for Call to Prayer

In article ,
"John Gaquin" wrote:

"plantsman" wrote in message

..... I'm sure it will
be a "low-pitched voice" g. Have you ever heard how they sound in other
countries?

I've spent a considerable time over the last thirty-five years living and
working in various mid-east countries. There is absolutely nothing
unobtrusive about the prayer calls. And it isn't just 6AM. When I lived in
Turkey, the morning call in summer came as early as 3:30AM.

I suspect there are a few citizens of Hamtramck who will take care of the
loudspeakers.

Their city council (if they pass this) might as well start packing now.