posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
Peter Clinch

Default What's been Happeining.

muzz wrote:
Through the winter I managed
to attend some pool sessions but didn't quite get my rolling sorted.

Having observed quite a few folk (including me) learning, with some it
does take a while but it usually "clicks" at some point and then it's
sorted. Once you've got it sorted in the pool then a surfing expedition
in your I3 (just in small stuff!) is a good way to get used to rolling
in anger as there's a /very/ good chance of going over, and in any case
it's good practice for landing the touring boat through surf. Your
braces and rudders will get a /lot/ better!

Enjoy, Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK