RCE

Default Unbelievable

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
JIMinFL wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
JIMinFL wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

JIMinFL wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message

JIMinFL wrote:

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/natio...ers040908.html
What's your point?
If they helped bring that war to an early close shouldn't they be
honoured?

Honoring cowardly acts is not the American way. I'm surprised that
Canada feels differently.
Do you think they were all cowards?
Pretty much.
Oh yeah....
re "Honoring cowardly acts is not the American way."
Do I dare point out that your current president hid from service?

Don!! You are drifting from the topic. To refresh your memory, Canada is
planning to celebrate the American draft dodgers who fled to, and were
welcomed in Canada. What say you about that?

Cool. They played a part in changing American opinion and in the end
making it easier for us to get the hell out of a country we shouldn't have
been in in the first place.

Harry, come on now. You are of that generation as am I. Vietnam may have
been for all the wrong reasons, but the draft dodgers who fled to Canada had
very little affect on the public's opinion of the war. The vocal protesters
did, as did the few, true conscientious objectors (Muhammad Ali, for one),
but the draft dodgers were faceless and voiceless people who were more
despised than revered, even by those opposed to the war.

RCE