JIMinFL

Default Can't reinstall outdrive (alpha I gen II) - First timer needs tip..

The gear shifter must also be in forward. Try stepping on the left side of
the prop while moving the drive into position. This will help to engage the
splines.
Jim
"oelf92" wrote in message
I have a 94' mercruise v8 5.7 liter w/ alpha i gen2 drive. I had to remove
it to fix a leak in the gear lube. Upon attempting to reinstall the drive
I am having problems getting it all the way in. I can get it as far as the
beginnings of the bolts but then it doesn't go any further.. I have the
assistance of 2 other people lifting and guiding.. the shift shafts are
aligned, but it doesn't seem to get to the point where the would go
together. The drive is engaged in the FORWARD position....

I know there has to be a trick of the trade to do this... any help is
greatly appreciated..

Thanks!!

-Matt