Geoff Schultz

Default satellite radio on a boat?

This is rather late, but I've been using Sirius without any problems as far
south as Honduras. I have one of the older large marine antennas and I get 2
out of 3 bars of signal. I know of people using the standard "puck" that
comes with it and they just have to orient the puck for best reception. We
love it. I don't think that we've put in a CD all season.

-- Geoff

"Glenn A. Heslop" wrote in

Scott,

Know anyone with experience on the Sirius system down towards
Georgetown, or further south?

Glenn.

"scott" jsodellatgmail.com wrote in message
We have had good reception of Sirius up and down the East coast and
throughout the Abacos.
Scott
"Chuck Wistar" wrote in message
We had XM on our trawler during the nearly 3 years we lived aboard
and cruised (see www.celebratecruising.com).

It worked from the Maritime provinces in Canada to the Bahamas almost
to Georgetown in the Exumas. Our antenna was slightly shielded by the
radar arch and we probably could have gotten it as far as the turks &
Caicos.

We liked it. CNN, Weather Channel, plus all that music and talk you
referred to.

Chuck
www.seleneannapolis.com