Default Environmentalists Vs Boatyards; Maybe even a boatyard near you!

Del Cecchi wrote:
"Bill Kearney" wrote in message
t...
Deep Draft: I can say that some of people enforcing the standards
have
unreasonable expectations. We recently had an inspector from the
Department of Ecology on site, and she noticed a water hose, hooked up
to the city's public water supply, that had some water running from
the end of it. Some boaters were going to use it to provide cooling
water to a saildrive that they were tuning up. She told me that I had
to stop that "activity" immediately. When I asked her why, she said
it was because the city drinking water has been chlorinated and
therefore it wasn't permissible to allow it to flow into {name of
industrial waterway omitted to preserve Deep Draft's anonymity}.

Well, there you have it, a fine example of environmental nonsense taken
illogical extremes.

They know how to use the government to achieve their aim of shutting down
the boatyards and thus getting rid of those carbon emitting, kayak
annoying, boats.

del

The amazing thing is that the lead dog in the environmentalist movement
lives aboard her boat at a local marina. One of her neighbors has
offered to take a photo of her washing her boat (with soap, of course).
Now that would make an interesting addition to the Deep Draft series.
:-)

I'm very much in favor of working and playing in a manner that has the
least potential to harm the environment, but not at all in favor of
some theory that people should all commit suicide and let the entire
planet go back to nature. A reasonable balance is desirable. The kooks
that want to make an issue out of city drinking water running into an
industrial waterway do more harm than good. The rape and pillage
profiteers love to use the wacky extremists to typify anybody with a
concern for conservation, preservation, or even general esthetics.