Skip Gundlach

Default Need Drivesaver advice

Did you read the article on alignment I cited? It's by a primarily
high-end powerboat surveyor, so has that bias.

The best I can read out of his stuff is that alignment in our boats
isn't worth much...

Despite that, I''m still going to pull the tranny, the shaft, take off
the prop (of course, required) and take the couplings and shaft off for
truing, should it need it. Another list I'm on where a similar
discussion is taking place has it that the only reliable
truing/observation of a shaft is a calibrated roller bed. His (the
surveyor) article suggests it's not needed in our sizes, based on all
the other factors...

L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC
http://tinyurl.com/p7rb4 - NOTE:new URL! The vessel as Tehamana, as we
bought her

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain