Gary Warner

Default When would you board someone else's boat??

"John H" wrote in message

On the other hand - same marina, different day - two of us who each have
boats there were talking. As the conversation went on and on we sat down

on
the railing of another "regular" in the yard. We were in no way on the

boat
nor was there almost any chance of us hurting anything. The guy happened

come by at that point and went OFF really HARD about it. I agree we

really
should't be touching his boat - but it was just a natural kind of thing.

Not that's it's any more right, but I should be more accurate - it wasn't a
railing. It
was the top-deck - about 8" wide - as it runs down the side of the boat. Is
this
the gunnels? Anyway, really no chance of our sitting there doing anything
to his
boat. But also no reason at all we should be sitting or leaning on his boat.