posted to rec.boats.electronics
RW Salnick

Default converting wefax sound file to img, linux

purple_stars wrote:
hi folks,

another quick question with hopefully an easy answer!

is there software out there for converting a recorded (audio) wefax
transmission file into an image file ? i know there are plenty of
fancy programs out there with all the bells and whistles but to be
honest they have too much stuff in them and would only get in the way.
i just need a very simple program that i can put into my linux cron
that will take a sound file and convert it into an image file, that's
it. i don't need it to control my rig, i don't need it to talk to
satellites, nothing like that ... i have already handled tuning the
radio, recording the audio file at the correct time and for the right
length of time, etc, i just need software to convert it.

if that won't work because it has to be converted in real time or
something (why i can't imagine) then software that would work almost as
well would be something i could run as a cron job which would just
listen to the sound card input and convert whatever it hears into an
image and output an image file on to the hard drive.

thanks in advance!

The closest thing that I can think of is QSSTV...

http://users.telenet.be/on4qz/