posted to alt.sailing.asa
Edgar

Default Fortress anchor

I am horrified at this. Would you go home and sleep easy knowing you had
left a 30' boat on a 10 lb anchor?
I have a 12' rowing dinghy and that has a 7lb anchor. My 22' open motor
boat has a 21lb anchor.
My Catalina 38 came from USA with a pathetically light and flimsy looking
Danforth type which I shall replace with a 35 or 38 lb Bruce anchor. The
Danforth is not like the Danforths we have in Europe. The shank is so flimsy
that if the tide turned after it had dug in I am certain it would bend.
You guys seem only to cater for having a lunch hook and never having to
anchor for real in a serious blow.

"Scotty" wrote in message
Anybody using one? Comments?
I have the opportunity to receive a free one, either 7 or 10
lb..
Does the old axiom of 'go one size bigger' apply to these
lightweight anchors?

(30' boat , Chesapeake Bay)
--
Scott Vernon