posted to rec.boats.electronics
Pascal

Default Garmin 172C cannot display current position in text format

No , in none of those pages. I know it seems incredible but there is
an obvious inconsistency between the equipment and the owner's manual
, so I suspect a rough bug in the software !
Jean-Pierre

I have made download of the 172C manual and seems to me that the
software is very different from my 276C; normally, all Garmin units (
and I had about 12 of them) displays compulsory the Position in the
"Satellite Page" but not the 172C, which is very extraneous.

Anyway, page 26 says that one fields can be set to Position and if this
is not happen in your unit, shure is a software problem.