posted to rec.boats.building
Nick

Default Speedboat renovation

Hi Guys,

I'm renovating a speedboat made by Zeus marine sometime in the 70-80's as
far as I can tell. It currently has a ford 3.5l V6 car engine in it, which
I've removed as it completely unservicable. The fibreglass hull is
completely fine - surprising really!

The question is this really - what type of car engine would it be best to
replace it with to give a good top speed etc. I'm thinking another newer
ford engine, which would have a higher HP rating than a 20yr old V6. Would a
2.0 give similar performance? This is more of a fun project than anything
else. I'd be using a heat exchanger to cool it. I still have the
outdrive/gearbox etc, just need an engine to slot in. I'm based in Dorset if
anyone has an old engine to sell by the way.

Rgds,
Nick