Dave Hall

Default Just How Safe Do You Feel?

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Dave Hall" wrote in message

It's no
coincidence that the rise in the number of women seeking abortion,
parallels the rise in promiscuity, and the decline of morality, with
reagrd to sex.

There has been a rise (per capita) in the number of abortions? I'd love to
see the data you looked at to come to that conclusion, particularly since
doctors tend to keep patient information private.

Doctors are only required to keep identity private. The total number of
abortions are routinely collected by such places as the CDC.
I decided to check the site:

http://www.abortionfacts.com/

According to their data, it depends on where in the world you live, but
in the US, generally, the number of abortions has remained relateively
constant over the last 20 years, although the number of "repeats" has
increased.

The site also makes the cases for both the pro-life and the pro-choice
positions. They do a much better job of explaining it, than I can. I am
rapidly tiring of this subject. I am yearning for a good boating story
or subject o sink my teeth into.....

How can you even possibly imagine for a single second that
women don't think about the life altering changes their body undergoes
during pregnancy and childbirth? You just aren't thinking clearly.

I'm not? I am all too aware of the psychological contemplation, which
many women go through. My response to this, is that they weren't giving
those things much thought, while they were lying on their back, in some
dirtbag's bedroom. Personal responsibility dictates that you take
actions to minimize risk BEFORE it happens, not after.

Right. Minimize risk. Women shouldn't walk from a dormitory to a classroom.
They could be raped.

You still seem to be hung up on the assumption that most abortions, are
obtained as a result of rape. Check out the site and see for yourself,
that this is only a small minority of cases.

Dave