posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
James

Default 12V mystery

But check the resistance of them 20 years later. I've found that after
enough time all crimp on connections corrode and develop a resistance that
eventually results in voltage drop. Nothing is totally water proof. The
only time I've ever seen a soldered connection fail is when so much current
is pulled through them that it melts the solder. That's hardly the
connection's fault.

"ASG" wrote in message
oups.com...
Nice recommendation... thanks for the website...
for the record, we use heat-shrink crimped connections that have so far
surived our near circumnavigation of South America, including Easter
Island, Antarctica, and the Falklands....