posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.building,atl.general,alt.autos.fiero
Jeannette

Default Getting Close??

On 26 Apr 2006 07:55:24 -0700, "Skip Gundlach"
wrote:

Hi, again,

I'd thought one had to register the epirb - else how will they know who
it
is? - and every time one registered a piece (or however many) of gear,
there
was a charge; that's why we've delayed.

Epirb registration is free. Radio license isn't but it's cheap, is
good for 10 years and covers all the radios on board. HF, VHF, Epirbs.

You need 5wpm for the code now. You can get there in 1 day. Go to one
of the big Ham convention next time there is one near you. They
usually last 3 days. You can take the test 3 times. That's how I got
to extra. If I can do it, anyone can.

Jeannette AA6JH
Bristol32
S/V 'Con Te Partiro'