Ed

Default PoliGlow on AwlGrip - or, what??

WRONG..... I do NOT wax boats for a living.. .I just use them...
Poliglow looks great for a year or two (Average ownership interval for
most boat owners) but after a year or so it starts building up, turning
yellow and then if you left it on long enough... yes aligator crazing.
It took my longer to remove it that it did to have waxed my boat for
those 2 years. ALSO... the diesel grunge somehow blended with it
because I could not remove the diesel grunge on the transom without
removing the poli-crap.

There is no free lunch... wax your boat

Roger Long wrote:

I just asked the wax guy at my yard about stripping the wax before
launch so I could put on Poli Glo in the water. He didn't want to do
it.

A pretty clear picture is emerging, 100% of people who make there
living waxing boats say the Poli Glo and similar products will turn
into an alligator mess in a few years that will cost a fortune to
remove. So far, 100% of users reporting say it's great. Do I smell a
conspiracy?

Once assured that I just want a holding action to slow or halt further
deterioration of my topside and am not trying to have the finish
restored, he agreed to throw on a coat of wax. I'll probably go that
route this year just because of the time and hassle factor.