posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher

Default Gas prices

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:22:40 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

Nothing to do with trucks, freight, etc. They need to travel. The main
problem is that regular consumers need to be weaned off of large, gas
guzzling cars and Stupid Utility Vehicles. If gas prices rose to north of
$5/gal, the car companies would be forced to make cars more efficient
because no one would buy the gas pigs.

Wouldn't hurt to stop using those stupid plastic water bottles (I
believe that industry actually started on that left coast), plastic
bags and non returnable glass bottles. Lot of oil and energy goes
into making them.

I run on the Natchez Trace Trails just about daily covering an average
of about five miles. Can't go a day without seeing several plastic
water bottles and bags trashing up my trails. And contrary to what you
might think, the vast majority does not get recycled.

It ain't the car companies. It is the fools that buy them. Car
companies will make whatever there is demand for. I'm not sure $5/gal
would get it there.

Frank