trainfan1

Default gale piston?

Chris wrote:
Yup its a twin cylinder. little one.
The compression was done dry - 50lbs
Run last year.
Got it actually running this year briefly until it seized up... Believe it
was overheating... After cooling down it wasn't seized anymore. and the
compression was still 50lbs.

I verified the holes again, and yes there are holes there, how deep I don't
know, but seems they get narrow. There's carbon around them, so to say they
are identical is hard. The top of the piston is not flat though, it does
have a crown which I think would be thick.
I'm thinking about taking the head off it to look closer.

Since I don't have a new gasket set, I may have to consider options for
home-made gaskets like they used to do in the old days....

Water pump has great rubber, so not sure if something could be plugged
around the head? thus not allowing water through? I want to take it all
apart, but still a little shy due to the gasket situation...

Try:

http://images.google.com/images?q=sierra+18-3841

This should be your head gasket...

Rob