Chris

Default gale piston?

Well, this isn't exactly just a dimple..
Although I can't say the hole goes through it, it does appear to go in more
than a dimple and narrow.
Have to take the head off to see closer...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Chris wrote:
I was taking a look at an old gale buccaneer outboard motor which has
some
problems and when looking through the spark plug hole noticed a small
hole
on each piston top. I got 50 lbs dry compression on this motor, but am
curious as to whether the design includes these holes, or these are burns
which will continue until they go right through the piston?

It's reasonably common for a piston to have a little "dimple" in the
crown. If it looks pretty similar between the two pistons, chances are
it was made that way.

%mod%