posted to rec.boats.building
Patrick Crockett

Default Who built my new kayaks?

Jeff wrote:
I'll search Wooden Boat to see if I can find those plans, or maybe I
can run over to the bookstore tonight and check the book. Thanks! The
boats I picked up have a solid ply bulkhead in the stern (no access to
what little space is there) and a foam bulkhead in the bow. I am only 6
feet with a 9 1/2 shoe and my feet won't fit on the adjustable foot
pegs (let out to the max). Might work with booties for me. They have
very thin carved foam sets setting on and homemade backbands of a
ensolite type foam glued to a more rigid plastic. I would guess they
are less than 30 pounds each. Light is good.

Good to know you could go fishing from them. I'll find a warm puddle to
try them in before I jump in the river with it. I never did get a good
roll and would win the Johnn Weismuller award for the most swims per
trip every time out when I was trying my hand at whitewater boating!
Jeff

You could also e-mail John Harris at CLC. He's a friendly guy and if it
is an early CLC design, he would probably recognize it.