Glen \Wiley\ Wilson

Default Air compressor for hull cleaning

On 24 Apr 2006 14:55:29 -0700, "Bob" wrote:

Hi Dave:
Okay........... I agree, most likely wrong. Im not sure about the dead
part, although I felt like sunday morning. Thats what I was wondering.
Let try this: How is BTU related to Degrees Fahrenheit?

If air is compressed doesn't it get hot? If so, how measure it? But I
guess what caught my eye was when a previous post said that compressing
air does not create heat. But I may be pretty ignorant about the term
HEAT.

Confused Bob

If I remember correcty from chem class 35 years ago:

PV=NRT

pressure * volume = moles * R * Temperature

I don't really remember the units, but I think moles is a measure of
mass, R is a constant (.082?), temperature = degrees kelvin.
Google "ideal gas law" for better info. But solve for T and you get

T=PV/NR

The rest is left as an exercise for the student :-)

Glen "Wiley" Wilson usenet1 SPAMNIX at world wide wiley dot com
To reply, lose the capitals and do the obvious.

Take a look at cpRepeater, my NMEA data integrator, repeater, and
logger at http://www.worldwidewiley.com/