trainfan1

Default gale piston?

Chris wrote:
its actually a 3hp... just a little guy...

I'd guess the holes aren't right through yet and so I do get some
compression, but who knows for how long.

wonder what a set of new pistons / rings would be - if they can even be
purchased that is...

You threw me off course with "each piston" in your OP... I thought the
3hp Buccaneer/Gale is only one cylinder. Are you sure it's a hole in
the piston(s)?

If it is a twin(2) cylinder, it shares major components with the Johnson
JW series & Evinrude DuckTwin/LightTwin series, and you may well be able
to find replacements easily.

How are you doing the compression test? Dry cylinders? Out of long
term storage?

Ring/groove inspection & cleaning may be all it needs. I've never seen
an outboard this small burn through a piston.

Rob