Chris

Default gale piston?

its actually a 3hp... just a little guy...

I'd guess the holes aren't right through yet and so I do get some
compression, but who knows for how long.

wonder what a set of new pistons / rings would be - if they can even be
purchased that is...

"trainfan1" wrote in message
et...
Chris wrote:

I was taking a look at an old gale buccaneer outboard motor which has
some problems and when looking through the spark plug hole noticed a
small hole on each piston top. I got 50 lbs dry compression on this
motor, but am curious as to whether the design includes these holes, or
these are burns which will continue until they go right through the
piston?

No hole required. It's toast.

Is this a 35hp w/ fiberglass black & white cover? Or rounded white metal
cover?

Rob