posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Default State of the art

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ps.com...
A lens with a
17-35 range factored up by 1.5 has an effective range of 25.5-52.5 -
only
9.26% of its zoom range is beyond 50mm - and you call that a
telephoto?!?

Yep, if it;s beyond 50mm it is. And nothing can change that.

You'll be claiming you're
a photographer next!

I just won a gig shooting custom Jewelry for a division of The Museum
Shope who is taking their catalogue to the US market. Here's one of the
test shots that won the job...

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/test6web.jpg

About two days of work will pay me 5K. The whole job will be shot using
D200, Tamron 90 Macro and Nikon Micro 60 with a macro strobe that I
built. Will you make 5K with your camera in the next two days?
Nope...saving your food stamps I bet!
Dude, you're such a loser. All you can do is sit around and hope that
others are not better than you...but we are!

RB
35s5
NY

That's good shooting there soldier. Two can play at that game!

Amen!