posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default State of the art

A lens with a
17-35 range factored up by 1.5 has an effective range of 25.5-52.5 -
only
9.26% of its zoom range is beyond 50mm - and you call that a
telephoto?!?

Yep, if it;s beyond 50mm it is. And nothing can change that.

You'll be claiming you're
a photographer next!

I just won a gig shooting custom Jewelry for a division of The Museum
Shope who is taking their catalogue to the US market. Here's one of the
test shots that won the job...

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/test6web.jpg

About two days of work will pay me 5K. The whole job will be shot using
D200, Tamron 90 Macro and Nikon Micro 60 with a macro strobe that I
built. Will you make 5K with your camera in the next two days?
Nope...saving your food stamps I bet!
Dude, you're such a loser. All you can do is sit around and hope that
others are not better than you...but we are!

RB
35s5
NY