posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Scumbalino

Default State of the art

Capt. Rob wrote:
A 17-35mm isn't a telephoto, dummy - it's a zoom.

Wrong again. Zooms are broken down into FL ranges...wide telephotos,
standard zoom and long.
You know nothing because you own nothing. On a DSLR the 17-35mm just
misses being a standard on the long end. Zoom refers to the action,
dopey, not the range.

Utter, pish-slavering ********! A 17-35 is a wide zoom. Calling it a wide
telephoto was an oxymoronic pooch-screw that was all yours. A telephoto - by
definition - is a lens that's longer than a standard lens. A lens with a
17-35 range factored up by 1.5 has an effective range of 25.5-52.5 - only
9.26% of its zoom range is beyond 50mm - and you call that a telephoto?!?
According to you, a 25.5mm lens is a telephoto!!!! You'll be claiming you're
a photographer next!

If I hadn't fished you out of that LIS cess pool, I'd have you skewered and
sizzling by now. Oh! You *are* skewered and sizzling! Good job I ain't
hungry!

What an idiot!

--
Capt Scumbalino