Doug Kanter

Default Peak Oil - counterargument

"Bryan" wrote in message
. com...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"RCE" wrote in message
Again, stolen from another NG, the following is a portion of an article
published in the "Economist".

It seems to refute some of the Peak Oil doom and gloom arguments.

The hell with "the peak". How about just doing our part to lower prices?
Or, are Americans too friggin' busy, lazy or stupid to make the effort?

Like the Meatloaf song from the '70's says, "2 out of 3 ain't bad." ---
humor

The real problem is one of religion, Bryan. In this great country, cars
occupy almost mythical status in the mind of the consumer. Point out a bad
purchase decision and it generates a level of animosity that makes the
Catholic/Protestant dispute in N. Ireland look like a friendly game of "go
fish". I'm not aware of any other product like this.