Bryan

Default More gas on gas

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Bryan" wrote in message
. net...

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
JimH wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..

Harry, I am curious. Why are you starting all this political crap
again?

Gas prices impact boating in a serious way. Ignore at your peril.

Harry, I agree that gas prices and availability are significant
boat-related issues. What's more interesting to me than bush-bashing is
the idea of a hydrogen-dependent economy and how to convert gas and
diesel powered boats to hydrogen powered boats when the time comes (if
ever).

I also wonder at what point the price of gas will make an alternative
fuel such as hydrogen and conversion of our infrastructure financially
feasable.

I also wonder if hydrogen is feasable mechanically and if it is truly
renewable.

I wonder if lack of demand can actually affect fuel prices. I mean, I keep
hearing that prices are rising because of higher demand from China. And,
in theory, Americans would prefer that prices be lower. I think I'm right
about that, but I could be wrong. Somebody let me know if I'm wrong about
that, OK?

So, if we'd like prices to be lower, I wonder why so many people are doing
the exact opposite of what it takes to make that happen.

I'm not sure we can make a dent in demand anymore. I might be wrong, but I
think the demand for oil in China (if that is a true assertion) will
outstrip any decreased demand in the U.S. My take is that we need a fuel
source that we can make in the U.S. from U.S. resources owned by U.S.
companies.