Roger Long

Default Cleaning the hull

"Don W" wrote
There may be a very good reason to not re-gelcoat, but it eludes me
at the moment.

Gee, extrapolating up for size, that works out to over 1/3 of the
purchase price of our used 32 foot sailboat or, about the price of a
whole new set of sails, complete with the spinnaker we don't have.
Or, I could redo all the rigging, replace the plastic portlights with
metal, add a diesel heater and modify the engine cooling system for
late (freezing nights) season operation and have something left over
for more electronics.

In my world at least, that counts as a reason.

--

Roger Long