noah

Default 1985 35h Mercury help

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:31:37 -0500, "Jason"
wrote:

I have a Mercury 35 hp outboard. I have been using a motor totor recently.
when i wheeled the boat in the garage yesterday i left the engine tilted up.
Later in the afternoon there was a strong smell of gas.. I looked around
and noticed it was dripping from the manual check lever. I took off the
engine cover and noticed that gas was slowly dripping from the carberator
into the engine "compartment" I cleaned everything up good and put the water
muffs on and it started and ran fine. I let it run at idle for several
minutes and turned it off. Turned the screw on the gas can tight and tilted
the motor again. More gas dripping from the front of the carb.

Is this normal? Am i missing something?
thanks..

Sounds like a stuck float in the carb, or a crudded up float needle
valve. A carb cleaning should stop the drip.

noah

Courtesy of Lee Yeaton,
See the boats of rec.boats
www.TheBayGuide.com/rec.boats