posted to rec.boats.electronics
Dennis Pogson

Default Waterproof external monitor for laptop

DPFresh wrote:
Hi all, different topic. SO in setting up my nav center - Dell laptop
with
SeaClear software... I want to keep the laptop in the cabin so as to
avoid
exposing it to elements... So I was thinking I could find some sort of
waterproof external monitor to run from the laptop to outside the boat
near
the tiller.... Does anyone know of such a monitor for this purpose?

Thanks,
David

Waterproof daylight-viewable TFT monitors were available some years ago at
around $4000 US. You will not be able to see a "normal" TFT monitor until it
gets pretty dark, hence the advice not to use laptops out of doors.

Dennis.