Jeannette

Default Air compressor for hull cleaning

So I got the regulators and hoses from this outfit.

http://www.akmining.com/diving.htm

Really the hoses could be any compressor hose from Home Depot but it
was nice to have all the fitting match.

I got a small 12volts compressor that I run off the battery. I may
need to get a bigger one though because It can't quite keep up with
me.

They make these little compressors for trucks tires that run of the
battery. If you only going to use it in a marina, then 110v is great.

I would use an oil less model though. Why take a chance.

Been cleaning the bottom no problems. Even had to use it to dive down
30 feet to retrieve a pot that I dropped overboard.

Jeannette AA6JH
Bristol32
S/V 'Con Te Partiro'
http://www.eblw.com/contepartiro/contepartiro.html

On 20 Apr 2006 12:29:35 -0700, "BajaJim" wrote:

Am wondering if anyone has set up a small air compressor rig, 110V,
similar to the ones used by divers for hull cleaning services. I assume
just a small oil-less compressor and couple it directly to a stock dive
regulator? I only need it dockside in a marina with 30A seervice.

THANKS for any input