posted to rec.boats.building
Marco

Default Sailboat hydrolized hull repair

"Evan Gatehouse" wrote:

It is not impossible to work overhead with moderate sizes of 300 gm
biaxial. I've done it a fair bit on my current project.

A few tricks:

- wet out cloth on a plastic coated horizontal table with resin

You mean plastic film to be rolled on pvc pipe together with cloth to help
the unrolling?

CUT...

Good luck. It is an ugly job but it is possible. Wash the hull down
with lots of fresh water and solvent like xylene. Then I would also
make sure the hull is covered with plastic and a dehumidifier is used
for a few weeks before starting.

The dehumidifier is already running... :-)

Thanks to everybody for the suggestions, I would thinking to wet the hull
with plain
epoxy and wait until it becomes sticky. Do you believe it will be useful or
not?

Marco