posted to rec.boats.electronics
Butch Davis

Default engine monitoring with raymarine and crusader engines?

Bill,

I know what you mean about too many adaptors. As to which type is being run
as the backbone.... with the Lowrance displays comes a Lowrance backbone
(bus). I know nothing about Raymarine but guess/assume they have a backbone
of their own design.

Wouldn't it be nice if all the connectors were made to a single convention??
Perhaps some day interoperability between electronics manufacturers will be
a reality. As it is, one needs to be much smarter than I to consider mixing
and matching. I guess about the best we can do, so far, is DSC connections
between differing manufacturers of VHF and GPS. That's a start, anyway.

Butch
"Bill Kearney" wrote in message
t...
I understand some folks are converting the Lowrance connectors to Micro-C
connectors.

There are five connectors I've encountered thus far. The back of the E-80
(a 5-pin circular whose type I don't know is is Micro-C?), the LowranceNet
bus, SeaTalk2 ,Micro-C and Mini-C. Which type is being run as the
backbone?

Coupled with news from this panbo post:
http://www.panbo.com/yae/archives/001246.html
The LowranceNet connectors are being obsoleted in favor of Micro-C?

http://www.panbo.com/yae/archives/Lo...t%20cables.jpg

I believe this is discussed on THT thehulltruth.com in the
electronics forum at some length. Take a look.

Yeah, THT has a number of good posts but nothing that really lays it all
out
(yet)

I just want to avoid running something that'll require too many adapters.

-Bill Kearney