posted to rec.boats.electronics
Ted

Default Changing VHF antenna location...? line of sight calculator web page

Here is a line of sight calculator

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~vwlo...va/horizon.htm

"Ted" wrote in message
.net...

"Larry" wrote in message
wrote in news:1145452422.231162.267680
@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Would I be *much* better off... moving the antenna to the top
of the mast... which would be 30 feet higher than where it is now
situated... based on the aforementioned cruising criteria?

Much better off. Altitude and Power are our friends on VHF, which is
line-
of-sight. You climb to the top of the mast, you can see further. So
can't
your VHF radio....do it.

Bill, when was the last time you actually pushed the transmit button on
your marine vhf and who did you try to talk to?