posted to rec.boats.building
derbyrm

Default Sailboat hydrolized hull repair

I'd sure like to hear more about how you do overhead glassing. The Gougeon
brothers claim it's nearly impossible.

Roger

http://home.insightbb.com/~derbyrm

"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk at wow way d0t com wrote in message
"Marco" wrote in message
oups.com...
Working with epoxy, I would like to here from us some opinions about
differents approch:

1) Add two or three layer of 300 gr/sqmt biassial 45-/-45,but I know
the difficult
or the impossibility to work "overhead" due to the cloth weight.

I've re-cored deck section from underneath with a heavy "roving" - that
thick real corse weave stuff. 24 oz/square yard - I'll let you do the
conversion. :-)

I used a "general purpose" epoxy (West Systems 105/205 ) - it took some
effort to get the cloth in place, but once it was up overhead, it stayed
in place on it's own. I would think that a "laminating resin" would not be
as sticky and would not work as well overhead.

snip